Spécial jeux
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

..::.. Site de jeux ..::..

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ajusting the playlist

Go down 
+2
Skycrawler
Xiga
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xiga
Admin
Admin
Xiga

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2006-11-18

Ajusting the playlist Empty
PostSubject: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec - 23:14

The idea that three votes can delete a map is a bad initiative.
Any map (and many good ones) can disappear because 3 men don't like it (or don't give it a chance).

At my specific demand, Néon added a couple of weeks ago some extra tracks (Rose, Full monty, intense, frenzy show,...).
Before that the server consisted of almost only speedtracks.
I would like to create a server with many different tracks: speed, tech, combination of both, mini, maybe a couple strange ones,...

So I think it would be bad to delete tracks like... Unititeled, Full Monty, Rerun,... If you continue like that, only the speed maps will remain...
And you don't have to delete a map because you are not good at it, but because it is badly designed. And that's a hugh difference!!

And for the old ones; Datsun/zippage/irondragons/axis/... have created many great maps. We could shift more, so we become better at much more tracks.

How do you guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Advanced
Advanced

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec - 23:22

the idea of a server with speed, tech, ... maps is indeed a very good idea

we are with 20 people, there will be always 3 people who say the same map, so there won't be a lot maps left at the end Wink

you are one wise men Xiga ^^
Back to top Go down
JDR
Advanced
Advanced
JDR

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2006-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec - 23:49

true true

I really like tech-tracks, and the good designed speedo's
It's idd a kinda weird system, the 3-vote stuff.
I'm pro a mixed tracklist, cuz I know it gives me an advantage.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Neon

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec - 23:49

I know your opinion ... But some tracks stink a lot when i say vote for 5 tracks maximum you can vote only for 1.

You do als you want but the map that i delete are general stupid (see and wait for the next update)

2 servers is really stupid, ikt did it and that's a big explosion inside IKT, don't want this on the team. It's possible to do a best update with condition (2 speed and 3 tech maximums) ... or others but no change the update ! The update is there for a fresh control server, that's the specificity on a server !

Last edited by Neon on Thu 28 Dec - 23:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JDR
Advanced
Advanced
JDR

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec - 23:50

i've downloaded a weird track called

Merry X-mas..
shall I upload it?
Back to top Go down
Neon

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec - 23:53

No uployd your map when you want (post on do you want a track). I uployd a couple of tracks the 01 January ! Send me the map tomorrow by msn
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeFri 29 Dec - 13:38

About your server, I'd like to give some input for improvement:

As Xiga said, shift more in your tracks, make tech and speed about 50-50, that should do for most players. Also: the reason why I used to visit only very little is that there were soooo many w4 tracks. Datsun, Zippage, Zappeh, Crooms, again and again, that was boring. When I look at Zippage tracks now, I think it's all the same. Same goes for Datsun, I like several, but they have created so many tracks over the past few months that it's just not original anymore. Try to visit the Rose Tattoo server in Cyprus when it's online, and find some cool tracks there to add on your server. Also when I've adjusted the playlist on the Omertà server, you might find some inspiration there. Diversity is the clue to a good server Wink

Cheers, M
Back to top Go down
Neon

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeFri 29 Dec - 15:02

There is a topic "Do you want a track" ! Propose your track there Morlock (1, 2 or 10) . All can be propose some maps without problem. The refresh is for delete stupid track that i set in one update. And put a 50-50 tech and speed map !

The update isn't there for delete the map that people hate because there arn't good on it !

*yoP*

Like a Star @ heaven [edit] *Post-it* Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Young
Star
Star
Young

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: VOTING   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeSun 7 Jan - 22:56

I realy think voting on there server should be disabled or al least make that u need 75%(or more) of the votes.

More and more people vote because they don't like the map (next map) or like the map too much (restart).

Threat people will a kick or even ban doesn't help @ all (cause i don't even can do that for now .... -_-)

So please do something about it.
Back to top Go down
JDR
Advanced
Advanced
JDR

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan - 14:51

An important thing is that recently, there are too many maps on the server who really aren't worth to come on the server.

We vote tracks off the list, that's a good thing, but we should only delete those maps if there are better maps that replace them. I think that some new maps really aren't wordt being on our server. They are too easy, to crazy (bumpy & all that) or just wrong. So I think we should stop with the fact that we place like every three weeks 7 new maps on the server, that's just not done.

Think we need to clean the server a bit..
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan - 16:42

Exactly what I told Neon so many times before Smile
In the beginning, the maps totally sucked, there's been a huge improvement since then but there's still quite a lot of cleanup work to do.
It's easy to see which ones should go, if maps are voted away, that's an indication there's something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Neon

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan - 17:53

I have delete 7 maps and put 7 news ... The number of tracks haven't change since the last update ! But for the nextupdate i add some new tracks but only maximum 3-4 (really maximum).

Voilà wink
Back to top Go down
Xiga
Admin
Admin
Xiga

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug - 17:04

Dedication_V4 and No Worries,
anybody likes these???

When we were playing them, I got many complaints.
Back to top Go down
Néon
Admin
Admin
Néon

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2006-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug - 19:16

Xiga wrote:
Dedication_V4 and No Worries,
anybody likes these???

When we were playing them, I got many complaints.

Dedication, yep delete

No worries, no delete for the moment, stay 2 weeks ?
Back to top Go down
https://all-games.superforum.fr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ajusting the playlist   Ajusting the playlist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ajusting the playlist
Page 1 of 1